Are you interested in becoming a Volunteer Firefighter with us? Take a look at the many opportunities that come with being a member of our team.
- High School graduate or equivalent required (Unless 16yo-18yo for the Junior Program)
- Operating within the standards and guidelines of the NJ Division of Fire and Safety
- Must pass a physical exam by the District contracted doctor
- Must follow the Board of Fire Commissioner application process
- Strong desire & willingness to help others and the community
- Passion and willingness to learn
- Understanding that by signing up you are committing to make a difference, no matter how small
- Must be willing to participate in community and/or fire department based events or fundraisers
- Must be an active member of the fire department for 6 months before applying for Fire school
- Must be in good standing for 1 year after joining the department, and possess your Firefighter I, & CPR certifications to be considered a “Full Member”
- ALL classes and certifications will be paid for by the department
- Ability to train in a wide variety of different areas such as Structural Firefighting, Vehicle Extrication, Industrial Foam Firefighting, Hazardous Materials, Swift Water Rescue, Ice Rescue, and many other specialized areas.
- Ability to write off any expenses (including mileage) on your taxes each year
- The experience looks great on any resume
If you are interested contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 973-227-2242 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays between 8:30am-12:30pm.
Not sure about it and want to ask us some questions? No problem!
Just stop by the firehouse on a Wednesday Night (rotating between Old Bloomfield Ave and South Beverwyck Rd with the last Wednesday being a drill) between 7:00pm-9:00pm and talk to the officers and members about joining!